Saturday, June 21, 2008

also seen...

I'm also here, though the trip was less eventful... didn't form any new presbyteries or anything.

I saw Nancy Nutter (she's apparently high profile), saw Joanne Sizoo across the exhibit hall, spoke to Larry James waiting for the bus from the airport, and saw Warren Lesane (but he was deep in conversation).

This is my first GA, but I saw lots of familiar faces from various conferences like Montreat Wee Kirk. I met Bill Teng, Bruce Reyes-Chow, and Roger Shoemaker... all gracious and outgoing.

I got a mini-frisbee from the Presbymergent (oh look, there's the frisbee) booth and met the very outgoing and interesting Karen Sloan.

I'm in the Penthouse suite - well the 25th floor at least - of the Marriot, which is attached to the convention center. There's a beautiful view of San Jose and the ring of mountains on the edge of town.

The first three business meetings are tomorrow, and will include worship, welcome/orientation, opening remarks, and moderator elections (tomorrow night).

Online video for these and all plenary business meetings will be streamed online from the PCUSA site. The schedule for these meetings is HERE, and the link to the video should appear somewhere on that page tomorrow. In the past, the link has been available in advance, but this schedule is all I can find tonight. [Look for Tamara on the platform!]

~Robert Austell

No comments: