Saturday, June 21, 2008

Finally here

Well, Tamara comes sailing in at 2 something yesterday, while some of the rest of us cooled our heels at DFW for 5 hours waiting for a flight, since the delay in Charlotte made us miss our connection. We started a new Presbytery, the Presbytery of DFW (Dallas/Ft Worth Airport) while we waited- with YADs from Providence and Peaks presbyteries.

Today was anti-racism training, including a really interesting video on home loans and redlining after WWII. It has also been a day of quick hugs with old friends. After years and years of coming to the assembly every year, then having 5 years off, I'm finding that many of my friends have aged. Good thing I haven't!

I've seen Nancy Nutter and Shirley Hutchins wandering around, and Cece (our YAD and my daughter) has been seen dashing around in the company of other YADs.

We start in on business in the morning. I can't wait to see Tamara up there in all her glory! Although, I may not see anything from my vantage point all the way on the end down front...does the Board of Pensions pay for neck massages for kinks
from craning our necks to see what's going on?

No comments: