Friday, June 27, 2008

Thursday night. late

We met from 8:30am to 11pm, so am feeling punchy. Jesse DID show up without a tie- a nice red madras sort of shirt- it's a good look, Jesse. Robert paces a lot, Eulando does his funky chair exercises (and nearly fell off the chair, which we found very amusing), I cross stitch, Cece and the YAD next to her share a pair of earphones for music (one ear each), Shirley passes around tootsie roll pops, and I won't tell you who plays computer games (it's not me!- I'm busy cross stitching while I listen... a Celtic knot; I thought it appropriate to the occasion). And all the while, every one of us listens closely to the debates and knows exactly what is going on with each item of business. That last part seems to be outside the realm of possibility for a number of commissioners from other Presbyterys. The Charlotte folks are on it!

We've all been grateful for the goodie bags provided by the Presbytery, courtesy of Tamara and Warren. Juice, water and treats have gotten us through long hours of plenary.


Things have been fairly peaceful at the assembly, although they are moving slowly. Tomorrow will be a really long day, I think, with a lot of important things on the agenda, including the election of the new stated clerk.

1 comment:

robert austell said...

Something about being hemmed in on all sides makes me need to pace. :)

Actually, there's more:

Things that make me pace...

- being hemmed in
- having my butt fall asleep
- being crowded (slightly different than being hemmed in)
- tedious parliamentary procedure
- needing coffee
- having too much coffee

etc...

Thanks for keeping the blog going...